Senior Associate, Software Development (CAD Tool Admin.)
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 10681
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356113 Date posted 10/02/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits! Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
In this role, you will work with Product Managers to respond to customer requirements, define sprints, backlogs and manage the development process. Supports the understanding of programming technologies available to provide the most efficient means to implement the needed functionality. Establishes enterprise-wide standards for application development and integration. Plans for future platform requirements to support business and customer needs.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support production CAD instances throughout the Collins Aerospace enterprise, both Siemens NX and Dassault SOLIDWORKS, among others.
- Develop solutions associate with the alignment and integration of CAD tools.
- Assist in the development of CAD solution plans and structures with multiple groups throughout the company.
- Provide Level 1 end-user support of CAD software applications including, but not limited to NX, SolidWorks, and Multi-CAD Data Management and Integrations in development and production environments.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems with the CAD environment and working with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Monitor, address, and resolve production CAD environment incidents, service requests, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with the PDM development and administration teams.
- Help define and document best practices, methods, training guides, and standard company processes.
- Document all aspects of system support such that knowledge is readily shared among all those tasked with supporting CAD instances.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing to continuously improve methods and practices, share new practices, and drive an error-free approach to product design and CAD modeling.
- Working closely with Information Technology (IT) for maintenance of CAD applications, including review of license usage, needs, and upgrades of all CAD applications to support all users.
- Support System Integration and User Acceptance Testing as necessary.
- Provide demos to users and prepare training material and arrange training sessions for business users
OTHER MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES OR TASKS
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3 years of experience working with CAD software applications
- English proficiency (verbal and written)
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
- Understand the Hardware Engineering design space for Electrical Design Tools
- Hardware Engineering knowledge (Mechanical and/or Electrical)
- Software development experience
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Prior experience with primary CAD tools (NX, SOLIDWORKS) and integrations to PDM/PLM tools is helpful.
- Knowledge in the use and application of MBD/PMI for Hardware design, Visualization tools, CAE Validation and Verification tools and Translator tools among other tools is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356113
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Associate, Software Development (CAD Tool Admin.)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US