Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10670
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355500 Date posted 09/30/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. With Pratt and Whitney, you will be part of an evolving team that is globally diverse and that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered. Pratt & Whitney - Columbus Forge, a recognized leader in producing major rotating components and air foils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, we have the opportunity for you.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment?
Do you enjoy the challenges of process improvement and "lean" manufacturing initiatives?
Are you disciplined with the ability to learn quickly and drive and deliver results?
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed?
Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow?
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Environmental, Health & Safety professional to be based in Charlottesville, VA.
The Environmental, Health and Safety Lead will acts as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management. You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for driving the culture of the Environmental, Health, and Safety program at the Mikro Systems Facility.
- Lead implementation of the UTC and Pratt & Whitney EH&S Management system
- Organizes and maintains assigned EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
- Participate in the site EH&S Council
- Oversight for all applicable federal, state, and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures (Applicable safety programs include LOTO, electrical safety, machine guarding, elevated work, confined space, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, blood borne pathogens, powered industrial vehicles, respirator protection and hearing conservation)
- Manage a robust environmental program which includes waste water permitting, RCRA waste management, potential site air permit, storm water no exposure certification, x-ray registrations
- Coordinate the Workers' Compensation process, first aid and injury reporting
- Lead efforts to continuously improve EH&S performance and operations, including improvement programs and corrective actions, environmental protection projects, conservation activities, and integration of EH&S initiatives into overall business operations
- Provide strategic leadership of EH&S initiatives across the Mikro Systems site (ergonomics, industrial hygiene, engineering controls, PPE, waste management, etc.)
- Interface with government agencies to maintain regulatory compliance (audits, annual reports, permit applications, etc.)
- Work with Human Resources to implement EHS training requirements
- Conducts safety inspections and analyzes audit findings to develop corrective actions and achieve and maintain safe work practices.
- Develops and implements strategic EHS initiatives and coordinates/drives the necessary tactical resources/elements to achieve and maintain successful implementation.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Advanced Degree Preferred
- CHMM, CSP, CIH Preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Health and Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related
- 4+ years experience in Environmental, Health & Safety or Risk
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety will be given priority
- A proven track record of leading multi-functional teams and projects with a background that includes working with ACE, Lean Manufacturing, Six-Sigma or related Continuous Improvement tools with a proven track record of cost savings and continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Hands on experience and dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas.
- Expert written and verbal skills with ability communicate in a straightforward manner. Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Executive presence and comfortable interacting with leadership
- Expert in Risk assessment and reduction
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355500
Community / Marketing Title: EH&S Professional
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US