ENG-Materials Engineering Internship
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10657
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01358200 Date posted 09/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt and Whitney, a subsidiary of UTC, is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of engines for commercial, military and regional aircrafts, as well as a leader in the production of space propulsion systems. The Materials & Processes group is looking for talented engineering students to work as a Summer Intern in Materials Characterization tools and methods area: Diffraction methods, Spectroscopy methods, micro-CT, Electron microscopy, Optical microscopy, Analytical Chemistry methods, etc. The successful candidate will support various commercial and military programs with material characterization data collection/analysis and quantification using various material characterization instrumentation and software, further will assist customers with characterization plan development, data interpretation and applicability for given assignments. During the internship you will work with characterization team to bring innovative solutions in the field of material characterization and contribute to various projects related to investigations, process development, production rump-up, process modeling, methods and tools development.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Materials Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Metallurgy, Physics or Chemistry
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Interest in building a technical or management career in applied materials development and materials/hardware characterization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong technical writing skills and demonstrated ability to effectively present technical data. Demonstrated experience working effectively in teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Strong p roblem solving, analytical, observational, and organizational skills.
- Able to function effectively in a lab environment with people of a broad variety of skills and backgrounds.
- The ability to balance several assignments at once.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01358200
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Materials Engineering Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US