Material Supervisor & Cell Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10656
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357595 Date posted 09/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A great opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Senior Manager, Business Solutions at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Materials Manager. This is a key leadership role for the EHRO facility and directly influences our ability to deliver to our customers. The facility consists of salaried and multi-shift union employees.
You will have direct reports and will have oversight of the Materials organization supporting Operations, Engineering, Customer Service, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and Continuous Improvement (ACE) functions.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- As the Material Supervisor, you will be required to adhere to AS9110 & FAA FAR 145 requirements, own and administer non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), handle our vendors and their performance, collaborate with a 3rd party shipping & receiving, handle and approve a 3rd party non-product crib (Bruckner), manage our inventory & purchasing and report to management on performance.
- You will be supervising two Materials crib consisting of hourly personnel.
- You will communicate effectively, understand the aftermarket environment and display standard methodologies.
- You will require forward thinking and ensure that you are supporting customer demands.
- Success is measured by developing strategies and executing goals and objectives to meet capacity requirements, inventory controls, cost reduction objectives, on time delivery, and control tower measures.
- Define strategies and coordinate activities in support of EHRO production
- Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance
- Give constant feedback on performance to those standards
- Implement IT measures to insure value streams and shop operations are balanced at all times and/or to be able to identify areas of opportunity quickly
- Communicate effectively with other organizations and customers to ensure customer happiness.
- Communicate to peers, the requirements that support processes to ensure smooth production flow
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Provide the high level of oversight required to meet key metrics
- Run Two Material Cribs (One Detail level and another one Part Level)
- Manage Hourly/Union employees
- US Citizenship is required due to Government contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business required.
- A minimum requirement of 8 years of Engineering, Operations, or Business experience.
- Advanced Degree/MBA. with 5 years of Engineering, Operations, or Business experience is a big plus.
- Prior demonstrated experience managing within a collective bargaining unit is a huge plus.
- Demonstrated ability at motivating teams to obtain high levels of performance and to accomplish goals.
- Advanced knowledge of information technology
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC).
- Strong operational experience.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357595
Community / Marketing Title: Material Supervisor & Cell Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US