Purchasing and Administration Specialist
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10641
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355800 Date posted 09/27/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in many ways. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
Alongside developing technologies that challenge the status quo, weâ€ve built an environment where each and every employee is valued.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, teamwork and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a Purchasing Specialist at our Mikro Systems facility in Charlottesville, VA. Mikro Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pratt & Whitney, founded in 2001. Itâ€s patented TOMO manufacturing platform allows us to create high performance products with reduced R&D time and improved manufacturing processes.
As a crucial member of the company's supply chain team, ensure that purchasing documentation is complete and accurate, then generate and place approved purchase orders in a timely manner using ERP software. Work closely with vendors to resolve problems and meet delivery deadlines. With Quality staff, evaluate vendor performances; work with engineers and end-users to develop new purchasing resources as needed. Co-own and maintain any quality-controlled Purchasing documents and records using document-control software. Participate in the companyâ€s Quality Management system in other ways as needed.
- Source goods and services, negotiate best prices, create and maintain vendor accounts and relationships, create and maintain purchasing files. Create and enter purchase orders form Purchase Order Request Forms.
- Assist with as needed the monitoring and re-ordering of office and kitchen supplies.
- Process Capital Equipment Requests (eCAR)
- On a routine basis, collect, verify, enter and reconcile expense data from petty cash and Accounts Payable transactions using Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) software; and serve as cashier for petty cash. Generate reports on company assets for accounting, tax, insurance and inventorying purposes. Assist Accountant and Financial Controller with other accounting tasks as needed, and contribute to the continuing development of the company accounting system.
- If needed, assist with business meeting set-up, clean-up and food service.
- Report all incidents, hazardous conditions, and emergencies
- Perform an assessment of risk of his/her work activities and taking corrective action
- Properly use and maintain assigned control measures complying with EH&S rules & regulations
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE)
2-3 years of purchasing/procurement experience in a manufacturing environment;
Skill in purchasing materials, tooling, supplies and services for production and a good understanding of supply-chain and quality management issues; strong ability to source technical goods and services and negotiate best prices;
Accounting knowledge, skills and experience sufficient for handling assigned bookkeeping and financial reporting tasks
- Knowledge and experience of government contracts a plus
- College degree preferred; an additional 2-3 years of work experience in manufacturing purchasing, procurement and accounting may substitute for higher education.
- Skill and experience using purchasing and accounting software; experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook; and the ability to quickly learn additional packaged and custom software as needed; skill in using the Internet and other resources to research goods and services;
- The ability to communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with a wide variety of people; and comfort with training colleagues and providing corrective feedback to ensure that purchasing and receiving policy and procedures are followed fully and correctly;
- The ability to work positively and productively with vendors and colleagues in an environment of continual and often-changing deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail, and an active commitment to the accuracy, clarity, confidentiality and functionality of company data, records, documents and management systems;
- Excellent organizational and data management skills.
This position is not exempt from FLSA regulations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355800
Community / Marketing Title: Purchasing and Administration Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US