Repair Development Engineer, CTSC
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10632
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356162 Date posted 09/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A great opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Repair Development Engineer, CTSC at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
Do you possess the qualifications for this role?
Connecticut Stators and Components (CTSC) overhauls static components and hollow fan blades that support our legacy and GTF fleet.
CTSC is currently transforming its operation to support repairs for the next generation of engines (GTF & F135 engines) while continuing to support legacy product.
As the legacy product ages and spares are less available, there is a continued demand to develop complex repairs to keep our parts serviceable, reduce cost, and decrease lead times.
- The Repair Development Engineer will be part of the CTSC engineering team reporting up to the Engineering Manager.
- You will be responsible for industrialization of all new repairs on next generation product, complex repairs on legacy product and new technology introductions required within the business unit.
- This is a high visibility position with future leadership potential.
- Create and execute project business cases and implementation plans
- Integration of key resources associated with repair development (GSE, MPE, Engineering, Customer Service, Program Management)
- Develop process plans and operation work instructions for the shop floor
- Execute repair process standard work associated with new product development (R reviews, UPPAP, Process Certification, etc.)
- Develop tooling for new and legacy product that used to repair the product
- You will be the internal and external focal point for all communications associated with new repair development
- Analyze key business unit metrics (scrap rates, COPQ) and develop proposals for future cost savings or process improvement repair initiatives
- Manage new technology implementation
- Conduct presentations on project status as required
- CTSC is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- Experience with continuous improvement and ACE is required for internal candidates.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in; Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial Engineering or a related degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of repair process development experience, as well as experience building business cases is required.
- MA/MS degree; Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial Engineering or a related degree is strongly preferred..
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You can work with all levels of management, shop personnel and customers, and have key technical skills to drive operations, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus.
- Familiarization with P&W Engine Manuals, Standard Practice Manuals and Technical Orders or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with continuous improvement and automation of equipment and process concepts is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of military and commercial products / parts is preferred.
- Additionally, knowledge of source demonstration is desired.
- FAA certificate, and/ or certification is a huge plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356162
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Development Engineer, CTSC
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US