MC&O - Materials Summer Intern
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10631
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01354396 Date posted 09/26/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented and energetic students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2020.
The Enterprise Capacity & Materials Planning Strategy (ECMPS) team within Pratt & Whitney is a rapidly growing organization established to assess the demand and output capacity of the entire P&W operations and supply chain network. Major functions of the ECMPS organization are Demand & Management, Business Analytics & Decision Support, Inventory, Business Process Management, Network Capacity, Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SI&OP), and Master Scheduling. Supply chain management professionals are key enablers to the success of Pratt & Whitney, performing roles that span every organization and process. These professionals are involved in planning for raw material requirements in support of production processes, procurement and supplier management, planning new engine assembly, and forecasting spare part requirements. Additionally, they are engaged in various overhaul and repair processes from disassembly of engines, the procurement of new parts, tracking the repairs, and finally the re-assembly of that engine. This is done both in the office working with cross-functionally and globally, as well as hands on engaged on the shop floor, supporting operations. In support of this challenging field, we have created opportunities for paid Supply Chain Management summer internships at Pratt and Whitney. This unique program is organized and managed by experienced supply chain professionals who insure that our interns are learning, are mentored, and are intertwined with the organizations they support by having meaningful work and projects. Pratt & Whitney's Materials and Supply Chain Management Intern program provides a flexible learning environment to help kick-start your career and provide the talented resources to meet our labor force requirements for the future.
- Welcome visit for program overview and to meet others in internship program
- Assignment in a Materials/Supply Chain Managemen t Role
- Assigned a mentor, peer mentor, and an on-the-job trainer Evaluation periods during and after your assignment
- Post assignment review - Input from student, trainer, mentor
- Evaluation on performance
- Evaluate internship assignment
- Presentation to a Management Team and Executive.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of material in a shop floor environment
- Utilize or develop tools such as Excel spreadsheets to assist in the tracking of material
- Work together with cell leaders to plan and deliver material to our customers.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program. Graduating Winter 2020 or later. Preferred fields of study are Operations and Information Management, Management, Operations Management, Business Management
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- You are self-motivated with the ability to rapidly respond to changes in customer demand and work scope priorities.
- You possess sound judgment and quantitative skills.
- You have strong project management skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01354396
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - Materials Summer Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US