Lead Tech, Supply Chain Management
Location: Springdale, Arkansas US
Job Number: 10626
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01354366 Date posted 09/26/2019 City Springdale State Arkansas Country United States
United States of America
PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees have empowerment.
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a Lead Tech, Supply Chain Management role at Pratt & Whitney PSD Facility, located in Springdale AR.
Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Supply Chain is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented, and experienced Product Buyer/Planner to support our Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Supply Chain Business Unit.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Perform strategic sourcing and tactical buying related to the day-to-day business and its procurement of jet engine parts detail parts, and repairs,
- Responsible for min-max inventory planning, and purchasing of C Strata parts.
- You will be the primary focal point for internal customers regarding purchase order/contract issues and supplier dispute resolutions.
- Align with all standard work, purchasing policies, procedures, and processes, and international trade compliance requirements.
- Use all PW Aftermarket agreements as well as those agreements in place, and as appropriate, with United Technologies Corporate Supply Management.
- Manage cost data on purchases to ensure competitive purchase order pricing, and support all cost reduction initiatives.
- Negotiate and obtain the best cost/value for purchases.
- Work with internal departments, develop business processes that keep purchases within budget and lead time while facilitating perfect supplier quality performance.
- Provide input to cost estimation process allowing for timely estimates for PWâ€s business. Perform required analysis, lead time planning, and ordering and buying of inventory of C Strata part details for repair of engine parts, and modules.
- Maintain min / max inventory levels as appropriate.
- Demonstrate dedication to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by aligning with all policies and procedures and completing all required training.
- Prior experience working within a matrix organization.
- Proven experience and accomplishment with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Presentations to internal customers and Management will be required.
- Associate Degree, in Business or related field is required with 10 years of materials planning and business experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree in Business is strongly preferred.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- 6 years of professional work experience in supply chain, materials planning, logistics or manufacturing is required.
- At least 3 years of materials planning and direct buying experience.
- Presentations to internal customers and Management is a requirement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You possess attention to detail, possess strong negotiation and time management/prioritization skills and can adhere to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of SAP Systems is a huge plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01354366
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Tech, Supply Chain Management
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springdale, Arkansas US