Design Staff Engineer
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10623
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355068 Date posted 09/26/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Mikro Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pratt and Whitney, located in Charlottesville Va., is looking for experienced and skilled Mechanical Design Engineers to aid in its development of new products to support the Aerospace Industry. Mikro Systems patented TOMO manufacturing platform allows us to build high performance products with reduced R&D time and improved manufacturing processes. Our partners include global high-technology manufacturing companies and government agencies.
We are currently looking for creative Mechanical Design Engineers who have strong skills and experience in tool design. These new team members will participate in the planning, design and implementation of all aspects of the tooling and fixtures needed in our high-precision production environment.
If you love working in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative and creative design environment; possess the desire to participate in the execution of our company's innovation and commercialization process leveraging product development and innovative engineering disciplines; like to think creatively, value hands-on learning, and have the qualifications listed below, this job may be a phenomenal fit for you.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering
- 7+experience in mechanical engineering or tooling design or 5+ years with an advance degree
- US citizen is required due to government contract
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Working with tight tolerance requirements and performing tolerance stack-up analyses
- Standard manufacturing principles such as milling, turning, grinding and EDM
- Basic project management
- Experience in turbine airfoil design
- Advanced 3D CAD techniques such as complex surfacing and large patterning;
- Investment casting and molding tooling design experience
- Experience with lithographic manufacturing techniques is a plus.
- Working with customers and experience with design for manufacturing discipline is helpful.
- The creativity, imagination, and determination to envision and execute novel solutions to diverse engineering challenges
- The discipline and follow-through to fully document problem statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to independently analyze and achieve problem resolution using standard engineering techniques
- Tool and Die experience helpful.
Mikro Systems is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355068
Community / Marketing Title: Design Staff Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US