Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 10620
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355321 Date posted 09/25/2019 City Middletown State Pennsylvania Country United States
United States of America
PW205: P&W Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We are actively hiring for a Materials Supervisor to support our Middletown, PA location!
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responsible for ordering and managing inventory levels of all items used in the manufacturing process by interfacing with the SAP database.
- Track inventory value monthly, review Bill of Material, assist in reducing the amount of inventory on hand and safety stock.
- Perform activities related to having all Bill of Material items automatically generate operating, raw material and release from SAP.
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on change management.Â Communicate effectively, understand manufacturing environment and display business acumen.
- Proficient in manufacturing processes, shop flow, and constraint management to efficiently lead the businessâ€s delivery priorities, WIP (work in process) management, and capacity planning initiatives.
- Supervision of Shipping and Receiving Department personnel to support customer requirements.
- Perform activities related to ensure distribution and logistical support for all customer requirements.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
- Orders inventory items, and manage levels of all items used in the manufacturing process.
- Assists Materials Manager with tracking monthly inventory value and age WIP.
- Supervise S/R (shipping and receiving) staff along with team building, controlling OT, Coaching, Time and attendants and problem resolution
- Maintain, review and update standard work instructions.Â
- Conducts value analysis activities for vital few purchases with procurement.
- Execution of sub tier delivery and tracking commitments for those purchase orders.
- Assuring that all procured material and services are within the budgetary limits.
- Place RPOs (request purchase orders), information requests, delivery commitments for the S/R department.
- Resolve issues in the system to enable expedient flow of materials.Â
- Expedites release of production orders as required.
- Plays role in resolving discrepancies in the purchase order/receiver process with Procurement or internal customers.Â Â Â
- Interfaces with outside auditors for system audits.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2 + years' of supervisory experience
- 2 + years' of Microsoft office suite experience
- Detail oriented
- SAP software system experience (or other MRP system)
- Familiar with shipping and receiving/ manufacturing environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355321
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Pennsylvania US