ENG-GSE-Disciplines and Design Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10615
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356202 Date posted 09/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. This position is for a Summer Internship in the Global Services Engineering [GSE] organization. GSE develops innovative repair solutions, for all P&W jet engines, in order to economically return the engine to service. This Summer Internship will work closely with the GSE Mechanical Design Discipline Chief with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize repair turnback data to modify repair templates, including repair graphics, and identify Engineering Standard Work (ESW) improvements.
- Perform Teamcenter data searches and compile results in either statistical or graphical manner.
- Assist the Design Chiefs with managing the organization's Design proficiency health, proficiency progressions, and overall strategy for proficiency improvements.
- Intern will also work within the Repair Design discipline and have the opportunity to work a repair task, which entails:
- W orking within an Integrated Product Team [IPT] to establish repair design requirements and ensure repairs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements of the Original Engineering Manufactured [OEM] parts.
- Research operating environments and functionality of components, their interactions with mating parts, and develop strategies which will return damaged parts back to service.
- Create the technical document that will provide engineering requirements for the repair, including a high level sequence of operations forming the basis for manufacturing operation sheets.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship required for is position.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and completed a minimum of one full year.
- Fields of study are: Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Engineering School with a minimum of one year completed.
- Experience in Unigraphics/NX, or equivalent 3D modeling software, is a plus.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356202
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-GSE-Disciplines and Design Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US