Machining Business Unit Manager
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10607
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355169 Date posted 09/25/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Machining Business Unit Manager to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Plans, designs and executes activities that are directly related to the physical creation of Cold Section Air Foils and the functional operation the Columbus Forge Blades facility.
Responsible for the Forging Operations processes in the Columbus Forge Blades facility. Oversee production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management). Coordinates with maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel to ensure quality product is delivered to internal customers as scheduled. Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function. Establishes long term objectives and guidelines for managing and monitoring cell performance and productivity. Directs scheduling and sequencing of work as well as production innovation to optimize production.
- You will execute long-term strategy (more than 3 years) and the operational direction
- Leadership and development of supervisors and workforce
- Tactical and operational plans with short to medium term focus (1-2 years)
- Team is responsible to solve difficult to moderately complex problems
- You will influence others outside of immediate job area regarding policies, practices and procedures
- Manages and ensures all quality related items for the unit, across all shifts, are complete and documented to that established quality standards are met
- Leads cost reduction efforts and process improvements for the unit to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness
- Leads materials and logistics problem resolution for the unit to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations
- Leads production innovation for the unit to enhance production capabilities
- Establishes performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity
- Partners with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensures that the customers receive satisfactory standards of service
- P ositive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
Education / Certifications
- Bachelorâ€s degree
- Bachelorâ€s degree
- 7+ years manufacturing or team leadership experience
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 7+ years manufacturing experience ( Preferred: aerospace engines, automotive engines or CNC machining)
- Documented Lean/Continuous Improvement
- EHS mindset
- Proven problem solving ability
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355169
Community / Marketing Title: Machining Business Unit Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US