Mold and Tooling Design Engineer
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10606
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355064 Date posted 09/25/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
The sky has no limits!
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Mold and tooling design engineer
Mikro Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pratt & Whitney, located in Charlottesville Va., is looking for an experienced mold and tool design engineer to aid in its development of new products to support the Aerospace Industry.
Mikro Systems patented TOMO manufacturing platform allows us to build high performance products with reduced R&D time and improved manufacturing processes.
If you love working in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative and innovative design environment; possess the desire to participate in the execution of our company's innovation and commercialization process leveraging product development and creative engineering disciplines; like to think outside the box, value hands-on learning, and have the qualifications listed below, this job may be a phenomenal fit for you.
The person in this position will be responsible to design conceptual and production level molds and tooling for projects related to developing new products in variety of aerospace applications.
- Evaluate, investigate, develop and verify feasibility of mold tooling concepts
- Analyze and recommend Design for Manufacturability options to the customer
- Design and detail a broad range of tooling from prototyping thru production, using NX and/or SolidWorks CAD software
- Plan and conduct design reviews with the team
- Build and maintain BOMs, prints and other technical documentation necessary to manufacture and operate tooling
- Incorporate safety, ergonomic, and regulatory requirements in tool designs.
- Follow thru tool try-outs and ensure requirements are met
- Perform statistical analysis of the results as required
- Develop and implement alternative designs to existing tooling to improve functionality in production
- Develop/revise preventive maintenance requirements for the tooling
- Get along with internal team members and outside partners to keep them updated on project status
- Document program and research findings in memos, monthly reports, and quarterly reports
- Find opportunities for continuous improvement of tooling processes to reduce production down time, improve efficiency, and reduce quality deviations.
- Interact with marketing, accounting, purchasing, manufacturing, product design and suppliers/customers, conveying information clearly and effectively through formal and informal documents
- Establish and maintain an effective collaboration with external contacts such as local shops, universities, government labs, industry partners, etc
- Support other Engineers on significant projects.
- Document to enhance design guidelines
- Bachelor of Science degree
- 3+years of experience in mold tooling design
- You will need to understand and develop designs conforming to AS and ISO guidelines.
- US Citizen
- Proficiency in complex mold design and analysis using NX and or SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of surfacing optimization for geometry modification,
- Experience with designing and building tooling for investment casting,
- Knowledge of GD&T dimensioning and inspection methods
- Exceptional organization, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advance Microsoft Office skills
Mikro Systems is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355064
Community / Marketing Title: Mold and Tooling Design Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US