ENG-GSE- Repair Project/Programs Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10599
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356192 Date posted 09/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. This position is for a Summer Internship in the Global Services Engineering (GSE) organization. GSE develops innovative repair solutions for all P&W Commercial and Military jet engines in order to economically return the engine to service. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work within the GSE Project and/or Programs teams, who are responsible for managing costs and schedules for our commercial programs.
- Assist in ensuring engineering tasks are tracked and monitored so they are accomplished on schedule and within budget.
- Work with Design and Program Managers to help prioritize and deliver program critical repair tasks.
- Work with the individual Resource Managers to ensure tasks are adequately funded and resources allocated.
- Assists with root cause investigations when repair tasks are not delivered on time, to cost, or to PW quality standards.
- Assist in preparing and/or presenting repair status as required .
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Persons (US Citizen or Permanent Residence) required for is position.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and completed a minimum of one full year.
- Fields of study are: Pursuing a Bachelorâ€s of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Engineering School with a minimum of one year completed.
- Experience in Unigraphics/NX, or equivalent 3D modeling software, is a plus.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356192
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-GSE- Repair Project/Programs Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US