ME - Military Engines Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10597
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356100 Date posted 09/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
We are seeking multiple interns in Military Engines working with the production and sustainment of military jet engines. These positions are within Pratt & Whitney's military engine organization and based in East Hartford, CT. The interns will support the F135, F119, F117, or F100 Engines in support of our global war fighter customer base. Specific engine program placement will be assigned according to business need.
Business areas supported by these internships:
- Site Activations
- Customer Support Engineering
- Logistics / Supply Chain Management
- Repair Sourcing & Development
- Data analysis & modeling
- Tech data authoring
- Program Management
The intern will be mentored by a senior leader and assist by providing support for the following activities:
- Manufacturing blueprint interpretation
- Working with the jet engine SE re-manufacture supply base repair sourcing and execution
- Supplier development & integration
- Interface with internal Quality organization to assure process & product integrity
- Technical data review & interpretation
- Coordination with Component Integrated Product Team and the military customer at Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center
- Technical support of Support Equipment or Hardware on the F135 Program
- Product team technical presentations and cross organization communication
- Development and creation of standard work for various processes/procedures
- Develop databases
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Financial analysis & planning
- Marketing campaigns, communications, and advertising
- Production planning
- Acquisition & contract execution
Upon selection into the 2020 Program, each intern will be placed within a specific business area.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Undergraduate University.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering, Aeronautics, A&P Mechanics, Logistics, Business, Supply Chain Management.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- The ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356100
Community / Marketing Title: ME - Military Engines Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US