ENG-GSE- Repair Structures Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10596
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356132 Date posted 09/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
This position is for a Summer Internship in the Global Services Engineering (GSE), Structures group. GSE develops innovative repair solutions for all P&W Commercial and Military jet engines in order to economically return the engine to service. GSE Structures group provides a work environment that fosters increased development of engineering fundamentals with knowledge development of Fracture Mechanics and FEA (ANSYS) modeling, as well as good engineering judgment, with an eye on "common sense". Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Part of a multi-discipline Integrated Product Team [IPT] responsible for the structural assessments of repairs for both Commercial & Military engine components.
- Coordinate structural analysis requirements for repairs with Module Centers Engineering.
- Assist in performing FEA and classical method analyses for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, crack growth, containment, kinematic and optimization.
- Documentation of structural analysis in a Structural Analysis Memos (SAMs) for the Repair IPT.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship required for is position.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and completed a minimum of one full year.
- Fields of study are: Pursuing a Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited Engineering School with a minimum of one year completed.
- Experience in Unigraphics/NX, or equivalent 3D modeling software, is a plus.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356132
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-GSE- Repair Structures Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US