Senior Contracts Manager- EAC and Contract Restructure Group - Commercial Engines Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10594
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355124 Date posted 09/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join the Contracts Management Organization?
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Key responsibilities include:
- As a Contract Manager in the Estimate at Completion (EAC) Support and Aftermarket Contract Restructuring Group, you will (i) provide contract interpretation guidance in connection with contract administration and the contract accounting process and (ii) draft and negotiate contract restructure term sheets and definitive agreements.
- You will have the opportunity to develop customer interaction skills, improve negotiation abilities, and gain international business experience.
- You will participate in restructure campaign strategy development, drive restructure proposal efforts (including coordinating input from other organizations), draft proposals to meet internal and external customer requirements, and ensure that all documents properly reflect Pratt & Whitney business and legal objectives.
- You will frequently be involved in customer negotiations, including domestic and international travel to customer sites as needed.
- Developing and implementing strategies, processes and procedures, and tools to achieve the Commercial Engines Contracts organizations objectives.
- Drive compliance with department policies and procedures related to document preparation and approval and communication of department and company business objectives.
NOTE: The tasks are schedule-driven and require occasional non-core hours and/or travel.
Do you meet the Basic Qualifications?
- Bachelor Degree (Juris Doctorate strongly preferred)
- 10+ years of experience which includes at least 5 years in contract management
- US Person (US Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder) due to program requirements
How about any of the Preferred Qualifications?
- Masters Degree or Juris Doctorate
- This position is dynamic and requires significant social interaction
- Strong document drafting and negotiation skills, management skills, an understanding of aerospace business and legal issues
- Familiarity with ACE process improvement tools
- Good business judgment and project management skills in order to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Technical/engineering expertise and skills would be beneficial but not required
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development and retention efforts through workshops, and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees; participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short- and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g., jazz band and bicycling club).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355124
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Contracts Manager- EAC and Contract Restructure Group - Commercial Engines Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US