F135 Industrial Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10579
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355646 Date posted 09/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
F135 Industrial Manager (P6)
In this highly visible role, the employee will drive industrial rate readiness throughout the Value Stream for the F135 Production Ramp.
The F135 Industrial Manager is responsible for driving the programâ€s delivery, quality, and cost goals, while also focusing on identifying and mitigating risk in the medium to long term.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery assurance, supply chain sourcing and capacity assessments, ensuring timely transitions execution, and driving completion of industrial plans for critical engineering changes.
- Employee will support all program activities with the coordination and maintenance of the program industrial plan with CIPTs, Module Centers, Partner Companies and Global Supply Chain.
- Part improvements will be monitored through a series of Key Process Indicators and standard delivery metrics.
- The Industrial Manager will also have the unique opportunity to be the operations point of contact for Pratt & Whitneyâ€s external customer and key program partners. This includes leading critical quarter program industrial reviews, supporting all customer-facing communications, and coordinating local and on-site meetings with cross-functional teams.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Detail and results oriented with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities. Understands strategic and business implications and works to provide best P&W solutions.
- Must have demonstrated experience working with executive level management.
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement utilizing ACE Tools.
- Relevant experience in Operations Management, Engineering or Program Management.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 12+ years of experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of government contracts
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Team player with good communication skills
- Self motivated and detailed task oriented
- Strong strategic leadership and talent development skills
- Aerospace experience
- M.B.A preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355646
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Industrial Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US