Site Engineering Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10576
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355293 Date posted 09/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Site Engineering Managerin our East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO) facility in East Hartford, CT.
Do you possess the qualifications for this role?
- The business specializes in rotating parts, major cases, stators, combustors, honeycomb seals and fan blades and serves Pratt & Whitney and a variety of global customers.
- EHRO compiles two businesses, Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) and Connecticut Stators & Components (CTSC). Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) specializes in rotating parts and major cases.
- You will play a key role in the tactical and strategic direction of the engineering department.
- Lead all areas of engineering, processes, work instructions, quality requirements, materials selection, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support and be the technical Go-To with customers/suppliers for present and future engineering requirements.
- Help to develop and enforce standardized engineering practices, processes, tools and methods across all products.
- Manage projects and lead Continuous Improvement (ACE) business progress, lean manufacturing, project management, quality improvement efforts.
- Provide exemplary professional representation to P&W and other OEM's, to the FAA and to other regulatory agencies.
- Develop manufacturing engineers in key technology and skill sets which are critical for the group success.
- Lead a team of engineers supporting the recruitment, development and retention of engineering talent.
- Manage the resources and assignments across the manufacturing cells.
- A Bachelor's of Science in engineering, manufacturing, or technically-related field is required.
- A Master's degree in engineering or a related field is preferred.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience is required.
- A minimum 7 years of progressively responsible engineering experience in the Aerospace industry and a thorough knowledge of FAA and ISO regulations and standards is required.
- At least 5 years of leadership/managerial skills is also a requirement, and have the ability to work with all levels of management, personnel and customers.
- You demonstrate the following skills:
- Leadership, critical thinking, business discernment, innovation, collaboration, written & verbal communication, presentation, analytical thinking, problem solving, customer focus, attention to detail.
- Prior supervisor experience is desired.
- Prior experience in repair process engineering and/or aerospace is highly desirable.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355293
Community / Marketing Title: Site Engineering Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US