Repair Development Ops Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10575
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355289 Date posted 09/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Aftermarket Operations Manager in our East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO) facility in East Hartford, CT.
Do you possess the qualifications for this role?
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- In this role, you will lead and ensure your direct reports are accountable for their areas, to include but not limited to, financial performance, workforce management, production management, Ace Transformation, compliance to EH&S Policies and Procedures, and compliance to Quality Cardinal Rules.
- Maintain positive relationship with unionized hourly workforce and ensures supervisors are in compliance to the Union Contract.
- Ensures a positive relationship between Operations and all other departments here at EHRO to maintain a positive work environment.
- Develop and drive the business strategy to align and support the policy deployment goals and business objectives.
- Handle all aspects of the business including on-time delivery, quality, cost reduction, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, employee relations, staffing, lean manufacturing and kaizen techniques, plant performance measures, visual controls and EH&S.
- Lead the critical aftermarket service business to achieve sales goals, cost reduction and productivity targets.
- Nurture a safety first work culture that exceeds safety performance goals and strives towards zero injuries.
- Empower employees to utilize existing skills and to develop new skills to ensure a highly competent and motivated workforce.
- Encourage technological innovation and process improvement initiatives to enhance quality, cost reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable UTC and Pratt & Whitney policies and procedures including individual employee awareness of responsibility and accountability.
- Lead development of market strategy to ensure a positive competitive position in relation to market share, profitability and quality and build strong customer relationships.
- Play a key role in working with the P&W Aftermarket Operations team to develop, communicate, and achieve policy deployment goals in the areas of customer happiness, employee development & fulfillment, quality and EH&S/financial/operational and on-time delivery performance.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership and compliance.
- Support diversity initiatives and all employee survey efforts and encouraging participation in the action planning teams.
- Support efforts related to recruiting, employee development and training, and reducing voluntary employee retention.
- You will work with all levels of management, personnel and customers, and have key skills in leading plant wide ACE business progress, lean manufacturing, project management, quality improvement, marketing & sales, and general business and operational analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of operations, supply chain, or engineering experience is a requirement.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience in management in the Aerospace industry.
- Analytical aptitude, problem-solving skills, conflict resolution skills, leadership, social and communication skills.
- You are self-directed with excellent practices, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility / adaptability in high stress, ambiguous environments.
- You can plan and prioritize.
- Implement lean principles and reduce waste.
- Proven track record of supervising people and managing projects.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and experience working in a Union Shop.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, SAP, and Solumina.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355289
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Development Ops Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US