NDT Inspector, 3rd Shift, PM/87
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10574
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355072 Date posted 09/23/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Doyouhavetheexperiencetojoinour North Berwick, ME Team?
- Clean and process a variety of parts through various baths and solutions to prepare them for inspection.
- Review work instructions, Repair Operation requirements and blueprints.
- Inspect parts to see that they conform to metallurgical quality standards, using one or all of the following methods: fluorescent penetrant, magnetic particle, X-ray, sonic, holography, eddy current and similar non-destructive inspection processes.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- 5+ years of Non-Destructive Testing, Quality Control or related experience.
- Training/Certification in SNT-TC-1A completed to Level I / Level II requirements preferred.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice of various non-destructive types of inspection processes and metallurgical testing knowledge.
- Job requires self-motivated individual who is able to adapt quickly to various job requirements.
- Strong computer skills
- Flexibility around shifts, for training and to maintain workflow, to include overtime
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355072
Community / Marketing Title: NDT Inspector, 3rd Shift, PM/87
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US