Site Customer Service Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10573
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355292 Date posted 09/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Site Customer Service Manager in our East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO) facility in East Hartford, CT.
Do you possess the qualifications for this role?
Pratt and Whitney Aftermarket East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO), is seeking a highly talented and motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment and can meet the challenges of process improvement and implementing "lean" manufacturing initiatives.
EHRO compiles two business units, Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) and Connecticut Stator & Components (CTSC). CTRP overhauls and repairs a variety of major rotating components that support Pratt & Whitney's legacy fleet of aircraft engines.
As the business evolves, CTRP is transforming its operation to support repairs for the next generation of engines (GTF, F135, F119) while continuing to support legacy product. As the legacy product ages and spares are less available, there is a continued demand to develop complex repairs to keep our parts serviceable, reduce cost, and decrease lead times.
In this role, you will be the focal point between EHRO operations and the customer to ensure timely response to all inquiries.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Interact with operations, finance, materials and internal engine centers to ensure the customer's part value is optimized and turn time is within contract.
- Manage and hold customer status phone calls. Daily participation in production meetings to collect customer relevant information.
- Manage, mentor, and direct a group of Customer Support Representatives to ensure timely updates to include part status, quotations, Beyond Economic Repair (BER) analysis, technical dispositions, and visits to the customer for market feedback.
- Support Market Feedback Analysis (MFA) activities for assigned customers.
- Work with Sales to project shop visits and support production scheduling, pricing and future business.
- Support shipping and transportation activities for all material coming in and out of the plant.
- Coordinate with the operations support organization to insure customer delivery requirements are met.
- Coordinate with sales/marketing to insure customer quotes are received in a timely manner.
- Distribute status reports to assigned customers on a daily and/or weekly basis and provides commitments to customers for delivery and program support.
- Coordinate and manage customer visits and reviews as required. Prepare and present relevant slide decks.
- Collaboration, interpersonal skills and cross functional thinking is required.
- Due to the international customer base, occasional off-hour work (status phone calls, etc.) is required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in; Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial Engineering or a related area of study
- Masters of Arts or Masters of Science in (MA/MS); Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial Engineering or a related degree, coupled with a minimum 5 years' experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Customer-Facing and support experience required; preferably in the Aerospace industry.
- 7 years of managerial experience, leading and building teams is also a requirement.
- This position requires U.S. citizenship, due to government contracts.
- Preferred: FAA certificate, and/ or certification
- SAP (MRO Solutions)
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355292
Community / Marketing Title: Site Customer Service Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US