Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10568
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355677 Date posted 09/23/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Small Hardware Parts Center Supplier Quality team is responsible for working closely with our Suppliers to ensure we deliver high-Quality parts that meet our Customer's dynamic needs. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will provide support to the Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of Suppliers' Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and peer organizations. This position at our Middletown CT Facility will have you engaging in a high-impact role in one of the most dynamic and exciting manufacturing facilities in the company.
- Understand and execute key aspects of overseeing and assuring Supplier Quality to achieve best-in-class Supplier Quality, delivery and service while acting as the primary Quality Engineer on a limited number of Suppliers
- Create and maintain key relationships with Suppliers' Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering, Procurement and support organizations
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the Supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time; Develop and impart Continuous improvement activities
- Interrogate complex databases in support of Investigation activity
- Facilitate Supplier's RCCA investigations
- Coordinate Product Resolution Teams among PW Engineering, Mod Centers and Supplier Quality
- Validate Engineering changes for Quality
- Support Procurement, CIPT, and other P&W Customers
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Knowledgeable / experienced in AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as FAI, PFMEA, DFMEA, GR&R, GD&T elements, etc.
- Experienced in driving CAR and eliminating non-conformances at the Supplier level
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience or other Lean Systems experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization
- A strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Extremely organized and able to work more than one issue at a time
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355677
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US