CTRP Process Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10559
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01343832 Date posted 09/20/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
A phenomenal opportunity exists to join us in the role of a Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) Process Engineer at our facility in East Hartford, CT.
Do you possess the qualifications for this role?
CTRP overhauls major rotating components and military hardware to support our legacy fleet and military customers. We are transforming the business to introduce and support the next generation of Geared Turbofan (GTF) engine rotating part repair while increasing capacity for legacy engines. To do this, we are looking for passionate engineers who can lead the way in technology and repair development to deliver the best possible products.
If you enjoy working with your hands in a shop environment, and are passionate about continuously improving processes, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- You will be assigned to one of the part family cells within the business unit, and responsible for a number of machining, inspection, cleaning, and stripping processes that we perform. Additionally, the cell Process Engineer is responsible for identifying any improvements that could be made to the cell repair process to better meet customer needs.
- You'll also be responsible for selecting, purchasing and implementing new machines and technologies as they see fit to improve the repair process, as well as working with outside groups to write new repairs. You would be part of the CTRP engineering team reporting directly to the Engineering manager. CTRP is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- Creation and execution of new repairs for critical rotating hardware
- Initiate and execute cell improvement projects
- Write machine specs and introduce new technology to the cells, based on improvement projects you select with Engineering Manager
- Develop process plans and operation work instructions for the shop floor
- Develop fixturing and tooling for the cell processes
- You'll be the Internal and external focal point for all communications associated with the repair process for your assigned cell
- Analyze key business unit metrics (scrap rates, COPQ) and develop proposals for future cost savings or process improvement repair initiatives
- Conduct presentations on project status as required
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- BS in Engineering and/or Materials Science and -â€"3 years' OR an advanced degree and 1 + years' experience working in a shop floor environment, in process engineering and/or manufacturing
- At least 1 year of leading process improvement projects or implementing capital purchases
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- 3+ years of experience coupled with a Masterâ€s degree
- Prior experience in repair process engineering and/or aerospace
- Hands on previous shop experience with turning, grinding, milling, coating, and inspection processes
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and customers, and have key technical skills to drive operations, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus
- Familiarization with P&W Engine Manuals, Standard Practice Manuals and Technical Orders
- Experience with automation of equipment and process concepts
- Knowledge of military and commercial products / parts
- Experience with continuous improvement and ACE
- Knowledge of source demonstration
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01343832
Community / Marketing Title: CTRP Process Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US