Staff Engineer, Systems Engineering
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10553
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351191 Date posted 09/20/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Do you want to be a part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Would you like to do work that leaves a positive impact on the clients it serves? Well at Pratt & Whitney you'll have to opportunity to do just that. We help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a Staff Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT.
Global Services Engineering (GSE) seeks an energetic individual to assist the GSE Program Managers to manage engine part repair development activities. In this role you will support the Next Generation Product Family (NGPF) of engines. Your main focus will be the PW1100G-JM for the Airbus A320neo, but will grow to include the PW1400G for the Irkut MC-21.
Your Responsibilities include assisting the Program Manager with:
- Tracking repair development task progress and clearing logistical roadblocks to ensure technical Repair Development Engineering (RDE) and Designated Engineering Representative (DER) tasks are completed to support on-time technical data delivery
- Collaborating with Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPT) and Customer Technical Services teams to report on repair development task status and maintain task priorities
- Collaborating with GSE managers, RDEs, DERs, Customer Technical Service (CTS), Maintenance Data Engineering (MDE), Materials & Processes Engineering (MPE), Maintenance Repair & Overhaul (MRO) units, Engine Services and the GSE Aftermarket Managers deployed to the CIPTs
- Coordination with GSE suppliers on outsourced repair development tasks;
- Financial processes and budgeting
- Supporting repair sourcing activities as necessary
- ACE/Policy Deployment Improvement Target team support
- Market Feedback Analysis (MFA) data gathering
10% Travel is anticipated
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience in engineering, customer service, aftermarket or operations or Master's Degree with 5+ years of experience in engineering, customer service, aftermarket or operations
- Bachelors in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of project management and effective budgeting/budget planning
- Background working with EVMS, e-Outsourcing, Team Center, EagleNet, MS Project, Power Point and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to team effectively across organizations to accomplish goals
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Analytical Skills
- Jet Engine and Aerospace Experience helpful
- Aftermarket experience
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351191
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Engineer, Systems Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US