Technical Customer Service Representative
Location: Norwood, Massachusetts US
Job Number: 10550
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01353699 Date posted 09/20/2019 City Norwood State Massachusetts Country United States
United States of America
PW704: Altair Avionics 63 Nahatan St, Norwood, MA, 02062 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
We have a rare opportunity for a talented Technical Customer Service Representative to be based in Norwood, MA.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- Provide customer support via the telephone and email
- Familiar with System Level Troubleshooting of Avionics or electronic equipment
- Comfortable with working cross functionally/different teams and doing deeper investigations outside of this persons core team
- Solutions Development Skills- ability to look at issues and create resolutions on your own instead of going off a procedural script
- Resolve customer problems in efficient/professional manner by determining action required and coordinating with other company departments to complete the action
- Document customer communications (calls/emails/faxes/etc) in computerized call-tracking program
- Other Production & Customer Support duties as assigned
- Comfortable answering incoming phone calls, emails, and other inquiries into the Technical Support Center.
- Identify and document the problem summary and description as described by the customer as well as record the call details in the Customer Relations Management (CRM) tool. This will include step by step results of the troubleshooting performed, as well as all customer statements of importance, and any supported documentation.
- Assist with testing on new/existing products.
- Work with management to dynamically adjust priorities in order to provide the best possible service levels while maintaining and improving established service levels.
- May be required to work second shift (2pm to 10pm) for one week once a month.
- BS/BA degree with 5 years of experience OR
- AS degree with 8 years of experience
- US Citizen or Green Card holder is required due to government contract
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Electrical Engineering Or Electronics preferred
- Experience with Customer Management System or Sharepoint or online file system
- Computer â€" strong computer skills - MS office (word, excel, etc.), internet navigation/research, customer management system a plus)
- Communication - strong Business Professional written and verbal communication, experience with customer interactions, strong technical writing ability
- Technical â€" ability to interrupt and explain technical documentation (drawings, configurations, etc.) verbally and in writing
- Self Starter â€" the ideal candidate should be able to work with little supervision and direction
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01353699
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Customer Service Representative
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norwood, Massachusetts US