Utility Worker- 1st Shift
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10549
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352415 Date posted 09/20/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We are looking for a Utility Worker to support our Middletown, CT location. This is a 1st shift position (Monday-Friday 6:30am-3:00pm).
Perform repetitive tasks related to preventative maintenance. Supply and servicing of facilities, machinery and equipment, and assist trade groups as required.
- Under direction of supervisor or project leader, work from specified methods and procedures, exercise care and use some judgment to routine tasks associated with machine and equipment servicing and to assist trades groups on projects.
- Assist others in system operation, care, use and preventative maintenance techniques where a limited knowledge of specialized trade terminology is required to understand instructions.
- Work with manufacturing departments and trades groups responsible for developing preventative maintenance servicing schedules for machine tools and equipment.
- Perform similar duties throughout the facility within the scope and skill level of this job description. Assist other trades working on joint projects where common skill crossover provides the opportunity for shared responsibilities and more effective use of skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications for assigned area.
- 6 - 12+ months of related experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Requires knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions to work from drawings and sketches, make required computations, and to work with variable measuring instruments.
- Must be able to read and comprehend service manuals, instruction booklets, and use mechanicsâ€ hand and power tools.
- Plumbing license is preferred.
- Hoist repair experience is preferred.
- Crane license is preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352415
Community / Marketing Title: Utility Worker- 1st Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US