ENG-PWPR-GSE ME Programs Co-Op
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 10548
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355665 Date posted 09/19/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
Pratt and Whitney Puerto Rico is an Aerospace Engineering Center located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico who design, evaluate and support gas turbine engines, airframe systems, and other aerospace products in the areas of software, drafting, structures analysis, modeling, mechanical design, tool design and others.
The Global Services Engineering (GSE) and System Design & Component Integration (SDCI) group at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico are currently looking for a motivated and talented Intern to join its team. In this role, the Intern will get exposure to and learn engineering skills necessary to support analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, fabrication, modeling, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Considers and evaluates alternatives accounting for similar metrics. Manages configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs architectural exploration. Decomposes customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements, and generates verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico! This is an unique opportunity for a college student in engineering to get high-quality industrial experience and potentially start a long career in Engineering.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Conducts technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and other analyses.
- Collects data and performs standard analysis of data, identifying findings as appropriate.
- Conducts engineering processes using standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
- Seeks to identify possible problems presented in applicable projects that may cause a delay or exceed budget. Contributes to finding appropriate solutions.
Education and Qualifications:
Candidates should be pursuing a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 30 credits completed. U.S. citizenship is required; positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Successful candidates will be expected to
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Have experience with Microsoft office Applications
- Work on hard problems independently with little supervision, yet assuring good coordination with team members to achieve project goals
- Be a strong team player in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Communicate effectively to both technical peers and senior management
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and take Affirmative Action to recruit Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.Â Â Pratt & Whitney Puerto Rico, Inc. participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Servicesâ€ E-Verify program.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355665
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-PWPR-GSE ME Programs Co-Op
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US