Supplier Quality Investigation Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10541
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01353593 Date posted 09/19/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Supplier Quality is a challenging, fast paced, impactful, high visibility environment. We are looking for a Supplier Quality Investigation Manager who has high energy, works exceptionally well with others, provides technical excellence and can lead by influence.
- Guide the module center investigation team through the DIVE process for significant escapes and provide technical guidance to the Supplier Quality Engineering (SQE) organization.
- Coordinate the execution of DIVE investigations with SQEs, Support compliance monitoring activities, including audits and self-evaluations; Support Ethics and Compliance concerns within the supply base.
- Participate in Quality investigations and improvement activities.
- Follow up on Corrective actions tied to Investigations / Disclosures
- Lead investigations into escapes and non-compliances to determine root cause, identifying robust corrective actions and tracking effectiveness.
- Support risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Seek continuous improvement and use ACE tools to analyze past events (including root causes) in order to improve systems and controls.
- Coordinate and maintain Quality Clinic activities.
- Lead and execute Supplier Quality Investigative Processes for the assigned organization.
- Facilitate and coach multi-functional Problem Resolution Team (PRTs) for escapes and assist in the resolution of high pain supplier-related issues (Cost, Delivery, Quality, EH&S, etc.)
- Support health monitoring metrics and drive resultant activities.
- Partner directly with supported value stream leaders and peers.
- Improve RCCA proficiency throughout assigned organization.
- Drive organizational improvement in RCCA competency.
- Define and oversee focused, dedicated Supplier Engagement activities.
- Facilitate highly effective interactions with Suppliers and peer organizations.
- Foster and maintain cooperative relationship with Program Quality, Product Recall, DCMA, and demonstrate clinic to clinic interaction across the enterprise.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, operations, quality, engineering, and/or aerospace
- Familiarity with the root cause/preventive action processes
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, SAP
- Demonstrated strategic written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Ability to lead teams comprised of multiple disciplines.
- Certification in Red-X / 6 Sigma / similar data driven problem solving approach preferred.
- ACE Associate certification is desired.
- Previous supervision of salaried personnel preferred
- A strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01353593
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Investigation Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US