Tool Kitter, 1st Shift, PM/83
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10540
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01354362 Date posted 09/19/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Doyouhavetheexperiencetojoinour North Berwick, ME Team?
Perform a variety of duties to assemble tooling needed to perform manufacturing operations in assigned area. This may include tools, gauges and related materials specified in work instruction sheets.
- Work from specified verbal and written work instructions and other production procedures
- Maintain existing tool kits for accuracy of tooling including required gauge calibration dates.
- Corrective action must be taken to complete kits where necessary so that they are readily available for use when needed.
- Sent out date gauges to Gauge Calibration to be re-calibrated.
- Assemble new kits as needed.
- Expedite the completion of gauge calibration or other tooling requirements to assure availability.
- Retrieve and store kits in their appropriate storage areas.
- Assure tooling is ready for use.
- Tools requiring sharpening, repairs, etc. should be sent out for repairs and expedited.
- Use computer systems to track tools sent out and expedite return as soon as possible.
- Assist inspectors in making joint use gauges available for production and inspection. Expedite availability.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering to identify alternate tooling, gauges, etc. when specified equipment is not readily available.
- Maintain accurate list of tooling and work instructions required for production.
- Assist supervisors and operators in resolving tool shortages and in locating lost tools, fixtures, instruction sheets, etc.
- High School or General Equivalency Diploma
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and drawings.
- Requires knowledge of arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
- Must also be able to use variable measuring instruments and prepare a variety of required forms, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01354362
Community / Marketing Title: Tool Kitter, 1st Shift, PM/83
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US