Machine team member
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10534
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01354201 Date posted 09/18/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. Â If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Machining Team Member to be based in Columbus, Ga.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
A team member is expected to set up and operate equipment, lend expertise to resolving process problems, and perform periodic preventive maintenance checks. This position also requires a mechanical and technical aptitude along with the ability to follow work instructions while complying with all environmental, health, and safety requirements.
- Set up and operate process equipment in an assigned area.
- Set up and operate basic machine tools to repair, make minor alterations and make the less complicated tooling.
- Read and understand blueprints and work from written and verbal instructions.
- Perform basic shop mathematics and use basic measurement instruments.
- Assist in the development of other team members.
- Perform any aspect of work in assigned area to improve personal development.
- Perform unrelated duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the facility.
- Perform job in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety rules, procedures and policies.
- Perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
- This is a 3rd shift 8:00pm-6:30am , Monday -Thursday.
Education / Certifications
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 6 months plus manufacturing experience, technical training, military training experience, or completion of Certified Manufacturing Specialist Program
- At least one year of CNC machining or manual Machining experience
- 2 year technical certificate
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills
- Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01354201
Community / Marketing Title: Machine team member
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US