Sr Accounting & Finance Specialist
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10527
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01354317 Date posted 09/18/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a highly motivated individual for its Auxiliary Power (APU) finance team located in West Palm Beach, FL. We are looking for an energetic, intuitive, self-starter interested in supporting and improving the accounting, reporting, and forecasting processes for the APU business.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- You will analyze APU business unit monthly financial results for completeness and accuracy (OEM, Aftermarket, and Engineering)
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports for APU leadership team
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial forecasts with projections for improved financials
- Support APU program managers on their individual program financials.
- Relentlessly drive operational improvement leading to leaner and more efficient financial reporting
- Coordinate with APU leadership team on long term financial planning
- You will work closely with Pratt & Whitney and Military Engine finance groups to ensure alignment with reporting
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analysis as required
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years financial analyst experience
- Experience working in an â€actual costâ€ environment
- Possess a working knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse
- Results focused and able to balance competing and changing priorities
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills including drivers of variance analysis
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01354317
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Accounting & Finance Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US