Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10525
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01353551 Date posted 09/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have an exciting opening for a Facilities & Services/Machine Tool Services Manager role, at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
Pratt and Whitney East Hartford Repair Operations (EHRO) is seeking a highly hardworking and motivated individual who enjoys operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment and can meet the proactive and reactive challenges of supporting the operations.
EHRO's primary business is the highly technical repair of aircraft engine parts.
Overall responsibilities of this position includes the management of the maintenance staff, preventive maintenance planning for the manufacturing equipment and the facility, assigning priorities for unplanned downtime events and directing appropriate training to ensure operational performance targets are achieved.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Drive OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) Initiatives throughout the facility.
- You will interface frequently with the Operations team, Procurement, EH&S, suppliers and contractors.
- Own the strategic and tactical efforts associated with facility and machine maintenance including:
- Plan/execute preventative maintenance program
- Prioritize and execute reactive maintenance.
- Define and maintain critical spare parts requirements.
- Use key performance metrics to drive maintenance process improvement.
- Effectively use internal and external resources/manpower.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve reliability and functionality of equipment assist in executing key transformation activities including EH&S, Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen techniques, engineering, quality, cost reduction, on-time delivery, customer happiness, employee relations and plant performance measures.
- Execute process improvement projects and Lean Manufacturing principles in all functions of the facility and champion a culture of continuous improvement .
- Achieve requirements and goals of safety, quality, cost and machine up-time performance.
- Mentor and motivate employees in safety, quality, cost and productivity improvements.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and drive necessary business and operational transformation activities to yield competitiveness.
- Ensure compliance with export control â€" International Trade Compliance.
- Empower employees to utilize existing skills and to develop new skills to ensure a highly competent and motivated workforce.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, mentoring, training, and development.
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and balance the workload.
- Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance.
- Effectively communicate with the operations team on maintenance priorities and scheduled downtime.
- Communicate to peers the requirements that support processes to ensure smooth production flow.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Ensure compliance to all safety and environmental requirements.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a facilities and Services and/or Machine Tools field is required.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01353551
Community / Marketing Title: F&S/MTS Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US