Senior Financial Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10524
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01353261 Date posted 09/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
An opportunity exists to support the F135 LRIP Programs. The F135 Program Financial Support (PFS) organization offers a dynamic and challenging and rapidly growing work environment for motivated Finance professionals.
The F135 engine program is the largest military program in UTCâ€s portfolio, with current annual sales of $1.5B that are expected to more than double by the end of the decade.
This position in E. Hartford, CT provides the unique opportunity to build and demonstrate leadership skills while fostering relationships in a rapidly growing international setting across multiple functional groups and external service providers. The individual will provide financial insight and leadership in the development and management of the F135 legal entities in countries where MRO facilities are to be activated. You will be an integral and valued member of the program management team in project planning and contract execution.
- Oversight of the legal entities in countries where engine MRO facilities are to be activated;
- Support accounting oversight of legal entities including but not limited to forecasting, consolidation, budgeting, scheduling, variance analysis data, and risk reviews;
- Liaison with foreign legal entities and their management; Communicate results and concern on financial matters;
- Ensure USG Government Sarbanes Oxley compliance, UTC Financial Manual, local country regulations, and other compliance matters.
- Standardize and monitor initial banking controls and requirements
- Support the preparation and analysis of monthly contract deliverables used in the project management of the F135 Programs.
- Be the program finance support focal for ME international BOA contract. Tasks include maintaining WBS structure and charge #â€s, support CDRL deliverables, and support program managers in program management.
- Program Financial Support is an integrated organization at Pratt & Whitney with high growth opportunities for qualified individuals who seek to develop leadership skills. This would be a pivotal position for a financial analyst looking to gain insight and understanding into the project management of the F135 Program.
- US person (US Citizen or Greencard holder)
- Bachelor's degree. Preferred degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Engineering
- 5+ years' experience working in accounting/ finance/business capacity
- SAP, and Microsoft Office
- Interest in international business, general accounting, project management, finance, and business operations
- Government contract experience
- Team-oriented with excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical background and adapt easily to new systems.
- Strengths in adaptability, customer focus and focus on results.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01353261
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US