Financial Controller (Mikro Systems)
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10523
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01353348 Date posted 09/16/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
Mikro Systems' patented TOMO manufacturing platform allows us to create high performance products with reduced R&D time and improved manufacturing processes. Our partners include global high-technology manufacturing companies and government agencies. We are currently looking for a Financial Controller with strong leadership, sound judgment, and excellent planning, organization, administration, and communication skills. You will be responsible for financial control of a growing commercial manufacturing and research and development company. If you enjoy working in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and innovative design environment; possess the desire to participate in the execution of our company's innovation and commercialization process leveraging product development; like to think outside the box, value hands-on learning, and have the qualifications listed below, this job may be a great fit for you.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for all financial functions, including working closely with corporate finance teams.
- Responsible for all accounting policies, procedures, controls, and reporting requirements;
- Manage the cost accounting system to enable consistent pricing and cost variance reporting;
- Oversight of all month end closing functions including sub-ledger reconciliation, journal entries, billing, cost allocations, and account consolidation;
- Prepare monthly financial statements, key performance indicators, and management briefing;
- Create and analyze financial reports and manage all pertinent financial records;
- Work closely with Operations and Program managers to design and prepare accurate and timely financial reports for their use;
- Support department managers in preparing and monitoring budgets;
- Provide analysis and advice to local and corporate management on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments, pricing and growth strategies, risk management, and capital budgeting;
- Manage all day-to-day accounting and payroll functions;
- Initiate and track capital appropriation requests;
- Prepare for and support all auditing processes;
- Review and approve all contracts and quotations;
- Ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with internal corporate policies, U.S. GAP and federal, state, and local legal requirements;
- Manage Purchasing function and other administrative matters as required; Mikro Systems offers a stimulating and challenging work environment and a generous benefits package that offers Health, Dental, Accident, Life, Short-term and Long-term insurance coverages.
- 7+years of financial and managerial accounting experience
- Sound judgment grounded in a thorough understanding of accounting principles, ethics, regulations, requirements and best practices
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leadership, planning, organization, administration and interpersonal skills.
- BS degree in Accounting
- Master's degree in a business related field (or CPA) preferred.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01353348
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Controller (Mikro Systems)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US