Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10518
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352982 Date posted 09/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
- Typical duties:
- operate tractor -trailer trucks to transport aircraft engines, hazardous and non-hazardous materials and waste parts and heavy equipment to various specified locations utilizing established routes or selecting alternate routes as circumstances required
- Select best method to load. UNLOAD. Separate and secure materials to be transported or delivered using available equipment following guidelines and specific government regulations.
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspection following standardized format noting any damage or irregularities to vehicle and reporting information to supervision for disposition.
- Make sure all government regulations related to hazardous materials movement are followed.
- Follow proper procedure to assure compliance with all guidelines and government regulations as part of normal vehicle operating responsibilities.
- Refer difficulties to supervisor.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of
- This job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and
- Certifications within assigned area.
- Physical demands_:
- Requires moderate physical effort majority of time to to operate Tractor-trailer truck or other vehicles. Substantial effort may be required for short periods of time to load freight.
- Occasionally work in awkward positions while hooking tractor to trailer or while connecting related service lines.
- Education :
- High School Diploma or GED
- Class A CDL required
- Basic Qualifications:
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contracts
- Must have knowledge of government regulations including related endorsements pertaining to operation of Tractor-trailer vehicle. Equivalent to a short specialized training course.
- Preferred Experience :
- 2 years experience as a Class A CDL Driver
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352982
Community / Marketing Title: Tractor-Trailer Driver
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US