MCL Machining Team Member
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10514
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351642 Date posted 09/16/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
DUTIES: A team member at this level is expected to set up and operate equipment, lend expertise to resolving process problems, perform the less complicated work on tools and dies, perform periodic preventive maintenance checks and less complicated repairs.
- Requires the know how to deburr parts, clean parts, read process sheets, use and read gauges, make minor machine moves, as well as, being familiar with the characteristics of the product.
- This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions.
- Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- Set up and operate process equipment in an assigned area.
- Set up and operate basic machine tools to repair, make minor alterations and make the less complicated tooling.
- Read and understand blueprints and work from written and verbal instructions.
- Perform basic shop mathematics and use basic measurement instruments.
- Service and repair equipment associated with the area where problems are identified.
- Assist in the development of other team members.
- Perform administrative tasks such as competing MRP and status of work in process, conduct safety meetings, order tools and supplies, etc.
- Perform any aspect of work in assigned area to enhance personal development.
- Perform unrelated duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the facility.
- Perform job in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety rules, procedures and policies.
0-2 years experience in quality/manufacturing environment
High School diploma or GED
1-2 years' experience in quality/manufacturing environment.
Able to follow written/verbal procedures and instructions.
Possess good organizational skills. Follow all EH&S rules and guidelines.
Support ACE and continuous improvement.
Possess good people and communication skills.
Minimum high school diploma or GED
Preferred: short specialized machining training.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351642
Community / Marketing Title: MCL Machining Team Member
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US