Manufacturing Technology Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10512
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351633 Date posted 09/18/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking a talented manufacturing engineer to join our organization.
This position is within Pratt & Whitney's Core Manufacturing Engineering's Manufacturing Technology organization. The manufacturing project engineer will support manufacturing technology development and implementation.
Your role as a Manufacturing Engineering will include:
- Leading manufacturing technology projects which result in improvements to part quality, cost and function.
- Development of business cases for new manufacturing technology projects
- Development of project schedules which align with program milestones and requirements.
- Assessment of Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) in support of manufacturing reviews including UPPAP and PFMEA activity
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field plus 7+ years manufacturing engineering or production experience; OR Advanced degree with 5 years of experience.
- Additive Manufacturing experience
- Master's degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Detailed knowledge of principles and practices of manufacturing engineering including development, tool selection, and work holding principles.
- Proficiency in the following manufacturing disciplines: Conventional Machining, Grinding, Electro Chemical Machining, Additive Manufacturing, WEDM and Special processing technology
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351633
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Technology Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US