Quality Assurance Inspector 2nd Shift
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10510
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01353734 Date posted 09/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
- Job Description
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Quality Assurance Inspector to be based in East Hartford, Connecticut.
This positions is part of the FAA drug and alcohol pool and subject to testing.
This is a 2nd shift Position. 3:30 pm - Midnight.
Perform Dimensional and visual inspections following standardized methods and established techniques.
This process may involve surface plate work or standard measuring techniques to verify accuracy of parts, tools, gages, or other equipment.
The Inspector will be accepting or rejecting material based on findings.
- Work from applicable written inspection procedures and drawings.
- Work with other pertinent instructions to plan and perform dimensional and visual inspection on parts, tools, gages and other equipment.
- Accepting or referring material for rework or quality review based on findings.
- Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments including automated measuring machines.
- Program instructions are well-defined will be checking dimensions ans record results.
- Perform necessary mathematical computations to resolve extent of nonconformance and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Follow Proper procedures to perform in-line checks and verifications of dimensions and make sure that operation sheets are being followed.
- Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment used in performing the work as necessary.
- Perform routine servicing throughout assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspector's check list for upkeep and assure equipment operates properly.
- Assist others who are responsible for specialized inspection processes such as those found in statistical process control or other similar quality assurance programs.
- Will be investigating unusual non changed inspection sequences and other specialized assignments within conformance and new or changed inspection sequences and other specialized assignments within the scope and skill level of this job description. Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- Operating a CMM
- High School Diploma or GED
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in Inspection.
- Ability to perform Inspections according to job description
- Ability to use measuring tools and instrumentation.
- highly prefer CMM / Layout Experience
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01353734
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Assurance Inspector 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US