Associate Director, International Trade Compliance, Military Engines
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10506
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01350602 Date posted 09/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Our Military Engines organization is searching for an Associate Director, International Trade Compliance (ITCâ€).Â We are looking for someone who has significant experience with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (â€ITARâ€), Export Administration Regulations (â€EARâ€), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (â€OFACâ€) and related statutes and regulations and non-U.S. regulations.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of ITC professionals that support several different business areas within Military Engines, including Integrated Customer Solutions (â€ICSâ€), Military Development Programs, Advanced Engine Programs, the F117 & Tanker Programs, Export Operations and Customs.
This role reports to the Director, Military Engines ITC.
- Implement required standard work, coordinate export requirements with program and ITC management, and ensure compliance with company policies and U.S. Import and Export regulations in relation to hardware, technical data and defense services.
- Provide Military Engines customers day-to-day guidance in trade compliance subject matter areas.
- Provide ITC personnel and Military Engines personnel with formal training as required to ensure timely compliance.
- Participate in Pratt & Whitney ITC activities including: audits, internal investigations, corrective actions, communications, training and implementation of key policies and procedures.
- Follow standardized processes to determine root cause and corrective actions for process improvements based on data, process failures and other related investigation recommendations.
- Lead ITC initiatives for your organizations and ensure that business unit needs and requirements are sufficiently addressed and process improvement projects are carried out.
- Manage ITC internal policy requirements including audits, corrective actions and routine standard work management
- Bachelor Degree Required; Advanced Masters/J.D. Degree is preferred.
- 6+ years ITC experience with interpreting ITAR and EAR regulations and other applicable laws and regulations governing international trade.
- Experience applying and managing export authorizations including use of internal and external IT tools (D-Trade/SNAP-R/OCR-EASE, etc.).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Advanced Degree and/or J.D.
- Customs Brokers License.
- Background within an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, project management, interpersonal, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills.Â
- A collaborative team player, possess multi-tasking abilities, have a client focus, adaptive, and work effectively in a time sensitive and dynamic environment.Â
- Professional maturity to work with minimal daily supervision while balancing numerous priorities.
- Understanding of customs/import laws and non-U.S. trade compliance regulations.
- Experience with SAP and GTS.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01350602
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, International Trade Compliance, Military Engines
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US