OpX Site Transformation IE
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10503
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351212 Date posted 09/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented OpX Site Transformation Industrial Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Job Summary -
You will drive and create the IE methods and standards within the transformation of manufacturing and business operations for the Operational Excellence (OpX) Team.
The OpX vision is to be a competitive differentiator executing on an operating standard that is culturally pervasive and institutionalized at all levels of Operations, delivering efficiency and unbeatable results every day for our employees, customers and shareholders.
- Calculating machine and labor requirements, capacity, facility and inventory needs
- Effectively planning and executing projects across multiple sites
- Working across departments such as Operations, Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Digital Technology, etc. to drive, design and optimize facility/process efficiency and productivity of labor and machinery
- Direct measures of success include OEE/OLE quantifiable improvements
- Work directly with OpX Transformation Facility Design Specialist as we transform our operational footprint based on lean manufacturing principles
- Learning and applying new concepts while keeping current with state of the art techniques
- Bachelorâ€s Degree with 5+ yearsâ€ experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus on Industrial, Process, System, or Project Engineering OR Master's Degree with 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus on Industrial, Process, System, or Project Engineering
- US Citizen due to government contracts
Preferred Qualifications -
- Excellent "soft" skills, positive leader to invite change to the culture
- Project management experience
- Ability to work and interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- You should be a self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Reliability, willingness to learn, and attention to detail
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, VSM, 3P, etc.)
- Data mining & manipulation experience with VBA, SQL, other methods
- Understanding of capital acquisition process â€" knowledge or background preferred
- Experience with Facility layout optimization
- Experience with human factors engineering
- Experience with OEE and OLE/OOE
- Some travel required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351212
Community / Marketing Title: OpX Site Transformation IE
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US