MC&O - ME - Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10502
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01353317 Date posted 09/13/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented engineering students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2019.
Key projects & responsibilities
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities
The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program. Graduating Winter 2020 or later. Preferred fields of study are Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- You have applicable manufacturing engineering experience and process knowledge well
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- You have an understanding of machining and NC programming
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in Materials Management
- Ability to work with all levels of management, shop personnel and outside vendors
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office programs
- You are ambitious
- You work independently or with multi-functional teams
- You have strong project management skills
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01353317
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - ME - Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US