F135 Depot, Inspector/Trainer (International Assignment - Norway)
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 10500
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352009 Date posted 09/13/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at P&W? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for an F135 International Depot Inspector/Trainer. The Inspector Trainer will be responsible for performing a wide variety of inspection duties, to include monitoring and accepting, on Pratt & Whitney's behalf, the Vendor/Suppliers repair of engine/module subassemblies and components.
- Verify that repair work performed is done in conformance with technical manuals, operation sheets, and engineering requirements and does not endanger the safety of engine hardware
- Provide evaluation and assistance with the training and certification of Vendor/Supplier's personnel with regard to depot maintenance and inspection functions
- Review and interpret technical manual data and service repair operation sheets to verify proper and complete adherence to the defined process for the repair of subassemblies and components.
- Confirm that forms, tags, and vendor certifications conformance with established process.
- Take measurements, as required, during the inspection process.
- Perform visual inspection of tooling, gages and measuring instruments to ensure they are in good working condition and that any required calibration or inspection requirements are met, to verify compliance with quality control procedures.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of parts to determine serviceability or reparability in accordance with approved technical data.
- Train, mentor and coach Vendor/Supplier personnel in the functions of Depot Maintenance and Inspection to the point of certification as defined by P&W Aftermarket operating procedures
- Provide quality support to production Vendor/Suppliers, including resolution of hardware and process problems.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Quality Supervision
- Training will be done in OK City for 4-6 months and position will then transfer to Norway
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of engine maintenance experience
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Knowledge of AS9100 Standards
- Able to work well in a team environment and across various departmental functions
- Good understanding of jet engine operating principles and inspection processes/methods
- Broad knowledge and experience with jet engine construction and hardware
- Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Qualified and working towards ACE proficiency
- Highly skilled communicator with an ability to maintain productive relationships in difficult situations
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications to include MS Word, Access, Power Point and Excel
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352009
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Depot, Inspector/Trainer (International Assignment - Norway)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US