F135 Quality Manager/International Assignment Norway
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 10498
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351721 Date posted 09/13/2019 City Midwest City State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW146: Oklahoma City, OK 2701 Liberty Parkway, Midwest City, OK, 73110 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have a rare opportunity for an F135 International Depot, Quality Manager. The Quality Manager assists in the management of the F135 Depot Maintenance Quality System. In this regard, the Quality Manager will work closely with the Vendor/Supplier and other P&W Military Aftermarket entities, P&W Support Equipment Operations, and P&W Program Management personnel to deliver a product that meets the stated customer objectives (e.g. Product Quality, Systems Quality, and turn-around time).
- Supervise a staff of Inspector/Trainers performing supplier product and depot inline inspections
- Provide leadership and guidance of the Quality Management System
- Build and maintain productive relationships with the Vendor/Supplier
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other members of the F135 International Depot team
- Provide quality support to production Vendor/Suppliers, including resolution of hardware and process problems,
- Compile and report departmental business metrics and analyze data to identify trends of non-conformances
- Leadership support in RRCA for escapes and QCPC
- Lead Process Certification and back shop process audits
- Performing and following-up internal and external quality system audits
- Lead and communicate quality initiatives within the organization
- Evaluation of procedures and processes to determine compliance with applicable requirements
- Assist in the continuous improvement system (including TPM, QCPC, MFA, standard work, process certification, etc.)
- Train, mentor and coach other team members in P&W Quality Management System aspects of assembly, disassembly, and repair.
- Be a leader and role model for 6S, EH&S, respect for diversity and ethical behavior
- Training will be done in OK City for 4-6 months and position will then transfer to Norway
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of quality engineering experience
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain a clearance
- Familiar with F135 Maintenance practices/operations
- Experience as a a team leader, manager, and/or supervisor
- Familiar with typical operations in an aerospace engine overhaul and repair environment
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communications
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Knowledge of AS9100 Standards
- Able to work well in a team environment and across various departmental functions
- Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Associate Qualified and working towards ACE proficiency
- Highly skilled communicator with an ability to maintain productive relationships in difficult situations
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications to include MS Word, Access, Power Point and Excel
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351721
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Quality Manager/International Assignment Norway
Location_formattedLocationLong: Midwest City, Oklahoma US