Senior Manager, Global Leadership Development
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10494
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349523 Date posted 09/13/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
For the fourth consecutive year, readers of Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology named Pratt & Whitney a "Best Diversity Company."
Manager, Global Leadership Development
Pratt and Whitney has a unique opportunity for a Manager, Global Leadership Development Â within the Pratt and Whitney Talent team in East Hartford, CT. This position is responsible for design and delivery of an enterprise wide leadership development strategy to support Pratt and Whitneyâ€s vision of leadership. This role is global in scope, and reports to the Director, Global Leadership Development.
The primary accountability of this role is to support Pratt and Whitneyâ€s growth strategy, by researching, designing and implementing a leadership development framework that will attract, retain and develop the best leaders in the industry. Acting as a thought leader and consultant on best in class leadership development programs, the resulting leadership development strategy and programs must create a world class Employee Experience.
Key programs and areas of responsibility will include but not be limited to:
- lead the design and delivery of P&Ws High Potential Programs and Key Moments strategy
- Facilitate leadership development courses
- Serve as coach and sounding board to individual leaders working on personal development plans
- Analyze and report on leadership data and research trends to ensure best in class and innovative solutions are continuously integrated into development solutions
- Develop an external benchmark network with other top organizations and associationsÂ
- Use adult learning, instructional and employee design principles to create multiple format (eg. digital, performance, on the job) learning solutions for leaders
- Maintain and apply strong knowledge of innovative learning technologies and design thinking methodologies.
- Provide oversight of respective leadership development programs including related assessments, selection processes/tools and development initiatives/events
- Create and deliver against an internal and external branding strategy for leadership development that supports global and regional needs, flexible to cultural nuances, and positions Pratt and Whitney as a leader in employee development.
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 10+ years of related professional work experience in HR
- Background in Leadership / Executive DevelopmentÂ
- Ability to influence through data driven recommendations
- Strong facilitation and communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of employees
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Masters in Human Resource, Business or Related Social Sciences
- Experience global/international company
- Experience as a People Leader and leading teams
- Experience and knowledge of both instructional design and design thinking principles
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of initiative, creativity and strong bias for action and disciplined execution
- Excellent project management, planning and analytical skill with strong group facilitation skills
- Customer focused
- Actively partners and collaborates towards best solutions
- Enlists others and leads change through building rapport and demonstrating passion
- Evidences strong influencing skills
- Translates talent development and OD methodologies into practical business applications
- Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence and can be flexible and adapt easily
- Quick learner and problem solver who thinks of creative approaches
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Global perspective and ability to work with diverse cultures
- Ability to deal with ambiguity EEO/AAP Statement
- United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349523
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Global Leadership Development
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US