Engineer, Design Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 10493
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351697 Date posted 09/13/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Designs major components or major portions of functional systems, technically advanced prototypes, and promotional or specific products using computer design and engineering systems. Develops or improves products and facilitates manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes parametric models, layouts, sketches, and notes for design proposals. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost. Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
Job essential functions-those not delegable
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute 3D modeling using good model based design practices
- Use design methodologies to create parametric models from existing drawings
- Generate drawings based on new/updated models following company approved procedures and requirements.
- Create/manipulate 2D silhouettes, 3D assemblies and medium complexity models using CAD software. Interpret and define geometric dimensions, tolerances and features in part drawings per ASME Y14.5. Evaluate moderate hardware interfaces at assembly level.
- Perform basic/intermediate Computer Aid Design (CAD) geometry software functions to manipulate and create 2D geometries, 3D models and 3D assemblies to meet fit, form and functions requirements of parts and support engineering documentation. Interpret and define tolerances and features in part drawings per ASME Y14.5.
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, the incumbent may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
FORMAL ACADEMIC EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Engineering
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- 3 years of experience in background in and understanding of mechanical design principles
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written)
- U.S. citizen
- Experience with design or CAD tools executing modeling and tolerance stackup analysis
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5, year 1994 or higher
- Ability to create mechanical parts from a drawing and drawings from 3d models / physical parts
- Ability to verify fit up of models/assemblies and perform tolerance stackups
- Bachelorâ€s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Customer focused and quality oriented
- Experience designing and creating drawings of high tolerance and preferably opto-mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Working knowledge of tolerance stackups and performing conceptual design(s) based on past work experience.
- Knowledge in CREO is preferable or ProE Wildfire, and PDMLink
- Opto-mechanical design experience preferred.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritize
- Self-motivated and result-driven
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351697
Community / Marketing Title: Engineer, Design Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US