Control Account Manager (CAM)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10492
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01339710 Date posted 09/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Control Account Manager - P3
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
In this highly visible position, the Hardware Production Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) performs a substantial liaison role between Production Operations and Military Engines Program Management. In addition to ensuring proper planning and controls over production materials, the CAM will investigate root cause for variances and drive recovery plans for production hardware.
Don't you want to be a part of such impactful work?
Main functions of this role include:
- Participation in critical program communication meetings such as the Monthly Program Review (MPR) and EAC Reviews to communicate issues/changes/risks/opportunities, as well as other budget reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR) and Review For Cause (RFC) audits.
- Collaboration with the CIPTâ€s, Manufacturing Operations, and Supply Chain to handle the F135 production hardware budgets to meet cost and schedule requirements.
- The CAM assesses progress and work remaining for assigned accounts, prepares an estimate at completion (EAC), evaluates variances and recommends appropriate corrective actions utilizing EVMS / IMS tools within the required monthly business cycle requirements.
- Upon contract award, the CAM establishes baseline budgets for production engines, working with EV Analysts and Program Management.
- The CAM may prepare proposal Basis of Estimate (BOE) input and support review of BOEs, Statements of Work (SOW), and contract changes.
- The CAM is expected to drive continuous improvement in the application of EV/IMS tools and processes by reporting turnbacks and by investigating root cause and identifying corrective actions.
- This position provides the unique opportunity to build leadership skills while developing relationships within the Operations, Finance and Program Management communities.
- While in this role, an individual will gain exposure to project management execution which includes budgeting, scheduling, estimating and variance analysis used on the critical F135 Production Programs.
- The role plays an integral role in the program management process and the assignment offers growth opportunities for qualified individuals who seek to gain insight into the early production stages of Pratt and Whitney products.
Education/Certifications - Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of professional applicable experience in Program Management, Project Management, Engineering, Business or Operations Management
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP or an ERP system
- US Citizenship Required due to Federal Contracts
- Validated knowledge of EVMS and reporting requirements is a plus but not required.
- Extraordinary teammate with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and detailed task oriented.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervisory input or direction.
- Develop Positive Relationships
- Craft Clear Communication
- Possess Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Analytical Skills
- Participate in Process Improvement efforts
- Provide Creative solutions
- Jet Engine Applications
- PMP Certification
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Operations Management, or Program Management Disciplines
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, Operations Management, or Program Management Disciplines preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01339710
Community / Marketing Title: Control Account Manager (CAM)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US