Location: Springdale, Arkansas US
Job Number: 10489
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352183 Date posted 09/12/2019 City Springdale State Arkansas Country United States
United States of America
PW108: Springdale AR 275 E Robinson Avenue, Springdale, AR, 72764 USA
Pratt and Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products. Do you have the experience to join our Team?
Pratt & Whitney PSD provides the aviation industry with capabilities for specialized repair of gas turbine engine cases and components.
This position entails blending, smoothing, and deburring surfaces and performing assembly, disassembly, blast and cleaning operations on aerospace case parts as outlined in the work instructions to meet customer requirements.
1. Read blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications to determine work requirements on the part.
2. Prepare parts for welding and/or machining by blending and deburring parts to written specifications.
3. Set-up and operate machines including a selection of appropriate abrasive belt, wheel, or disk for blending and deburring.
4. Inspect work on parts to verify conformance with these specifications.
5. Complete required paperwork.
6. Perform assembly, disassembly, blast, braze, sizing, heat treat, and cleaning operations as specified in the work instructions.
7. Perform preventive maintenance of equipment within the scope of the role.
8. Maintain clean work environment.
*Education / Certifications
- Individuals with experience working on parts or equipment requiring fine precision and hand manipulation preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352183
Community / Marketing Title: Blender/Bench Mechanic
Location_formattedLocationLong: Springdale, Arkansas US