Group - Commercial Engines Human Resources Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10480
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01344598 Date posted 09/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Partnering with hiring managers and recruiters on filling positions
- Preparing offers and conducting compensation analysis
- Assisting with talent reviews
- Driving employee engagement initiatives
- Managing intern hiring process
- Providing support to other key projects throughout the internship tenure
- Supporting and/or facilitating orientation Education and Certifications Pursuing a bachelors or masterâ€s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or related field from an accredited institution.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Must be pursuing a bachelors or masterâ€s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework by January 2019
- Must have GPA of 3.0
â€< Preferred Qualifications:
- Self starter that is capable of working independently
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities
- Able to perform successfully in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Capable of critical thinking in assignments
- Able to adapt as projects evolve
"Strong candidate identified, qualified candidates are encouraged to applyâ€.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01344598
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Commercial Engines Human Resources Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US