Shop Floor Production Supervisor
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10475
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01306447 Date posted 09/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The Hot Section Module Center â€" (HSMC) organization has an open position in materials leading logistics in HSMC North. This position will have general oversight of these operations and responsibilities include execution of material movement and systems, lead mentoring and training of unionized personnel, and procurement ownership to consumables and services.
You will lead and handle value stream transformation initiatives regarding strategic materials management architecture and implementation of lean release strategies, handling methods, kitting strategies and transportation methods.
You will be working directly with 3PL organizations, Hot Section Module Center (HSMC), administration, materials, operations and as well as the internal manufacturing groups to assist in redefining processes, execution on business requirements and delivery to customer expectations.
You will also provide leadership and direction with emphasis on change management. Additionally, communicate effectively, understand the manufacturing environment and display business insight.
Successful person will excel at forward thinking and ensure that HSMC- the Hot Section Module Center is transforming to meet the customer demands of a difficult manufacturing environment.
- Execute process and oversee activities through multiple organizations
- Establish standards and expectations for work effort and performance. Give constant feedback on performance to those standards
- Lead a team of unionized material operators
- Implement lean manufacturing measures to insure value streams and shop operations are stabilized at all times and/or to be able to identify areas of opportunity quickly
- Communicate effectively with internal partners and other organizations to ensure customer happiness
- Communicate to peers and management, the requirements that support processes to ensure smooth production flow
- Establish system architecture designs that take into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or similar type Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of operations experience in a shop environment
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- Excellent leadership, communication, problem solving, analytical, prioritization and multi-tasking skills. Can craft clear communication
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of materials management strategies, lean manufacturing system design, shop floor management execution, and continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing, Achievable Competitive Excellence (ACE) and Quality Control Process Charts (QCPC).
- Can build positive relationships
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01306447
Community / Marketing Title: Shop Floor Production Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US